Discussion/suggestions of research/experimental topics in armature development
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:20 pm
In case of transformers, shell type cores(in the picture the one on top) generally can be used with higher power because they have less leakage flux than core type transformers, i was wondering if using core in coilgun could reduce leakage flux and possibly increase magnetic saturation of the armature. I know that electromagnets with core make huge difference compared to just only coil, might be a good idea to try to use core to focus magnetic field where it's needed.
- Coilgun with core
- Coilgun with core.jpg (93.89 KiB) Viewed 302 times
- Example by comparing transformer types
- Example with transformer.jpg (135.07 KiB) Viewed 302 times
- Site Admin
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:53 pm
Yes, using an external iron/ferrite shell would reduce flux leakage but it is impractical from a manufacturing standpoint.